Sport is exceptionally transformative. No other activity enjoys the kind of attention and excitement that sport does. It helps one overcome barriers of culture, class, gender, and unites communities. How many of these fun facts about sports did you know of?
|Parvati Pujari, our Youth Leader is a role-model for many girls in our programme|
1. It disproves the belief ‘Girls are weaker than boys’.
2. Sport helps stay active and healthy.
3. “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”, an old adage that holds true even now. A child who steps out to play concentrates better and performs well in academics.
4. Sport develops a good appetite. Athletes or aspiring sportspersons naturally demand a higher nutrition than the others.
|As Jordan famously says, failures are stepping stones to success|
5. Michael Jordan, one of the greatest basketballers gives credit to his failures “I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed”.
6. A child who has lost a game knows the importance of hard work and the sweetness of its rewards.
7. Sport helps build endurance and promotes emotional and mental stability. An underprivileged child who plays a sport pumps energy to any situation and brings out the best among peers too.
8. Sport gives everyone a second chance.
9. Sport teaches one to overcome inhibitions.
10.If you thought team-work, cooperation, caring, and friendship are slowly dying away, all you’ve to do is to get down in the field and play a game.
|With a mentor, sport can be much more than just fun|